Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Scrapbookers Do On Vacation





Posted by Picasa
On Tuesday, Judy drove Hubby and me up to Peterborough (about a 45 minute run) to check out the scrapbook store in the mall for Canadian-themed papers and embellishments and to visit our friend. Shirley.

A chap (American: man) named Ted runs the store and showed us everything I might be interested in. I picked some papers and embellishments and then we - of course - started talking about our trip up for my 50th Reunion in Toronto.

I have him one of my cards so he could look up this blog and then, Ted said, "Would this be your friend you were meeting here? We turned around and there was Shirley - about half an hour early which worked out just fine!

We took some photos - as you can see - and then we hopped into Shirley's new red Jeep and went over to a restaurant where I had shrimp soup and a salad.

After lunch, Shirley took us on the grand tour of Peterborough, which although I have been there and through there, really did not know well. Peterborough is in the Kawartha Lake district and is where her daughter, my friend, Vicky (who lives near me in East Texas) had grown up. I got to see Vicky's school, the house where she lived as a child and a general feel for the city. It is much larger than Port Hope, and has a community college and a university.

I hope Ted is still reading this blog and will make a comment as he did another day. I have to tell you, Ted, My friend Sue from our Scrapbooks & Memories wanted to see each and every item I brought back! Hmm . . . As you might know, I have only cropped four pages so far and those are of the reunion, using the school colors and simple Bazzell papers and strips.

I'll be scrapbooking this trip for quite a while!

No comments: