Saturday, May 9, 2009

Image Of A Texan?

I'm just back in from the St. Clement's Reunion - Class of '59 - 50th Reunion Luncheon at the Donalda Club in Toronto. Some of us are also getting together for dinner, so I'm going to have a little nap first!

I had two checks (Canadian: cheques) made out - one for dinner and one for a donation. I had left the donation one blank so the payee could be filled in. As I handed the one check to our rep - a gal who always had a great sense of humor, I said,

"Nancy, I left this one open, so you can fill it in."

"Oh, how much shall I make it for?"

"No, no, the amount is filled in, just add the payee . . . " and we both laughed. (One assumes all Texans are rich, right?)

We had a wonderful time with a super turnout, a pleasant lunch, a rose and a pin . . . and lots of photos to scrapbook.

All in all, I am very glad Hubby pushed for us to come 1600 miles to celebrate my 50th. All the "girls" look well and they still have those same mischievous smiles I fondly recall!

No comments: