Tuesday, May 12, 2009

William in Port Hope!

We had a fine time last evening with our young friends, William (age 6-1/2) and his sister, Charlotte (age 3-1/2).

Both children have grown tall and each has a personality totally different from the other. Charlotte is the "tap dancer" with lots of questions, mischief in her eyes and a smile on her lips.

Her brother is much more serious and likes to learn. He sat with me and read through scrapbooks, sounding out polysyllabic words with relative ease. (Yes, I am still "Martha from Texas".) He reads lots of books but last night he had a bowling banquet to attend while we dined at Swiss Chalet.

Will came back with two badges (to have sewn on his jacket) and a trophy! (For you in Lufkin: We have a Joe Flood protege here!)

We had a wonderful evening with our friends: Will & Charlotte's parents - Christine & Les and grandparents, Judy & Don and of course, their retriever, Caleb.

Today, we are off to Peterborough to see friend Shirley for lunch and check out the scrapbook store at their mall. (Peterborough is Kawartha Country - resort area) and Hubby has not really seen that yet. Judy is drivng us up so Hubby has a day off the driving.

Dinner with "old friend" Sheri is in the works and I imagine Hubby will be watching Don Cherry - Canada's flashiest dresser - doing some commentary between hockey periods. (Yes, Don was the Boston Manager many years ago. Now he is a Canadian icon and has a string of sports bar restaurants as well as his TV duties.)

Tomorrow we head for Erie, Pennsylvania and on down to sister Louise's home at the Renaissance (New Birth) in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

2 comments:

Ted said...

Hello Keith and Martha,
I love my job. It allows me to meet people from all over. When I woke this morning, meeting a Torotonian turned Texan turned world traveler never popped into my mind! --grin-- I very much enjoyed your company here at our store. Keith and Martha I hope you enjoyed lunch and I look forward to meeting you next year on your world travels! Safe journey, Your Canadian Scrapbook friend. Ted
www.cropcircles.ca

Anonymous said...

What a trip. I had to get caught up....but I'm right here with you!!!! :)))