Saturday, May 9, 2009

Good To Get A Story Straight!

Just back in from the evening dinner party our 50th Reunion Class had at Val's house in North Toronto tonight.

I went in and sat down beside "old" friend, Andrea when Nancy . . . yes, Nancy . . . came over to tell us and some others a story about taking a check from me this afternoon.

"I just have to tell you, girls, it was so crazy . . . Martha handed me a check and she said I could just fill in it. So I said to her . . . 'how much shall I make it for?' "

The others laughed and Nancy said something about everyone assuming Texans are wealthy and would just give you a "blank" check.

Then she looked toward me.

"Nancy! That is so F-U-N-N-Y! I had to listen to your whole story and make sure you really did see the humor in it. You see, I already blogged that story this afternoon!"

There will be some pictures and all of us had a wonderful time. We ate what schoolgirls eat: Pizza, salad and cake! Delicious! It was great to see everyone and I got to speak to just about everyone and really enjoyed myself.

If you are still wondering . . . yes . . . it was a girls' school and hubby did not get to attend, just to chauffeur. He has been such a good sport and wanted to make sure I attended everything!

Tomorrow, we will have a more relaxed schedule and visit our old friend, Mel.

Forgot to mention Toronto traffic which Hubby is handling every well and, yes, we now have a magnetic Canadian emblem on the back of the SUV. Hope you are enjoying the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great sport your hubby is. To do all that driving--what love!!!! Too bad you couldn't have snuck him in under the table! LOL