Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back Home Again . . . In Indiana!

What a fine start to the day for me . . . I slept for about 2 hours so today's drive seemed a little shorter to me! How many hubbies can say their wives will sleep and let them drive?

Lunch was at Steak & Shake where everything is delicious and really only about three items used to be "Richard approved".

Things have changed slightly and I had a salad that fit within Foodmover requirements. Keith did not pig out too badly! We have beautiful weather - sunny, breezy and about 70 degrees F.

One highlight was at a rest stop with a man backing out of a parking space, "fixin to" hit us. I screamed as I have not since the Midway rides at the CNE in Toronto. Hubby hit the brake and the Explorer stalled out. The man had his window down, did hear me and stopped. So, now, you hubbies all know where your back-up horn is!

If you have ever travelled 1600 miles by car, you know that a trip is defined by gas, restroom and meal breaks!

Tomorrow, it will be up early again and we will likely enter Canada at Port Huron (Michigan) to Sarnia, Ontario.

Swiss Chalet and Tim Horton: here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Steak n Shake!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! So glad you are safe!