Monday, May 11, 2009

Arrived in Port Hope!

Well, here we are in Port Hope and our room is just perfect, like it always is. Have stayed at this hotel for about 12 years and it is like a second home!

At the travel stop, we encountered two friendly Maritimers. One asked me if I belonged to the "Texas Truck" out there?

The other pointed out to us that we were at the full service pump. (You may have heard about full service gas pumps . . . where someone else pumps your gas! Old fashioned or what?)

We bought my birthday gift which is a digital camera - Yeah! Can you believe it? Now, I just have to learn how to use it!

Had the rest of our food that we bought from the deli and tonight . . . Yes tonight! - it will be Swiss Chalet . . . Okay?

Two or three more things I have not mentioned because we are used to it, but perhaps my Texan friends are not!

Canada is a metric country - for the miles, the food, for weights and measures, period!

Canada is bilingual and many signs are in both French and English.

Metropolitan Toronto Area (or GTA - Greater Toronto Area) is not only multicultural, and very diverse, it is jam-packed, even up to the north where we were staying. In case you forgot, the figure was 5.5 million population.

Ah, yes, you knew the gal would sell me the camera . . . she said I did not seem old enough to have been at my 50th High School Reunion!

Jam-packed with really nice people and fast driving! You gotta love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to live in Germany where they use the metric system too. Don't miss that too much. Can't wait to see the pics on your new camera!!! You're birthday is Wednesday, is it not?!?! :))) Happy Birthday....in advance!