Friday, May 8, 2009

Talking About Toronto - Yup, My Hometown!

Toronto is a city without any songs! I presume it is because the word "Toronto" is hard to rhyme, but it is a place that lends itself to lots of interesting themes. As soon as you arrive, you are reminded that truly all entertainment, all commerce and every type of person is right here!

We are in Toronto, having arrived yesterday and the first thing two things we commented on were the population diversity - every nationality is here - and the "green" attitude I mentioned last blog. I like East Texas and its laid back lifestyle, but I do miss the multicultural mix of T.O.

Our hotel - very uptown, rather than downtown is convenient to the people and places we are visiting. It is a Holiday Inn Express but not like you remember. It is about one year old and is as modern as you cannot even imagine! It is ten storeys.

The staff are extremely obliging - we were given an upgrade to a luxurious suite - and there is every amenity and pleasant touch to make our stay pleasant. (We will not mention how ornery the computers are, but I suspect it is because I am not used to the Vista system.)

The traffic is more hustle than I like but the locals have their own style - rather aggressive - of getting to where they want to go!

So, it boils down to - if you had a considerable sum of money and a luxurious car and driver, you might want to live here. The number one reason people do live in Toronto is that their job is here. Yes, this is where the jobs are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did I mention my best friend is from Toronto? Always wanted to visit. I'll have to look for the Holiday Inn you are referring to!!!