Friday, May 8, 2009

First Ever Blogging Party in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada!

Well, you know we are in Toronto . . . well, a little north of . . . well, here we are in Cathie & Shahab's living room and low tech me. . . well, I am blogging this evening's message to you.

So, what is so special? Well, Shahab just happens to be an "IT person" and he just happens to have made the mistake of showing me this set-up! (I am trying to negotiate a little system for our living room at home . . . )

As everyone is sitting round in the living area, I am sitting on a sofa, typing (as we used to say) and the print is coming up on Shahab's 42" big screen TV on the wall!

Dr. Carolyn Clansy Miller wanted me to bring you all on the road with us, so you are in the living room with us. We just finished dinner - bbq and salads and about four desserts.

Cathie used her new quilted placemats that Sandy made for her. Yes, we took pictures . . . and D'Arcy is just laughing away watching all this . . . and of course, Hubby is spellchecking. So, we are having the first blogging party ever held in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.

On a more serious note, you know I said this was my first trip back to a Toronto without my precious friend, Belinda. Well, we are doing just fine because "B" left a daughter every bit as witty and hospitable as herself and we are feeling so very at home. The placemats were made by Sandy because she knew how tough it was going to be coming back up.

So, let's see, we got an upgrade at the hotel, met cousins for dinner last night, had lunch with Elaine and now we have created the concept of a blogging party right here and now!

No comments: