Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not For Me?


This is a Hudson's Bay Company scarf. These stripes also appear on Hudson's Bay Company Blankets and were the stripes worn by the original Hudson's Bay fur-traders to distinguish them.

Hudson's Bay Company is the oldest company in North America and in Canada, it is generally simply referred to as "The Bay". I'm sure they do have fur coats for sale at the downtown Bloor Street Store inToronto, but The Bay is a department store now.

This trip I found small Teddy Bears wearing little replicas of this scarf. So I brought a couple back as souvenirs, especially for Buddy's friend, Kathleen who collects Teddy Bears.

Now, I have never attempted to pass Buddy the Lhasa off as an angelic, perfectly behaved dog. However, he is very, very smart and he really loves his toys including stuffed animals and little squeaky toys.

Long story short, Buddy sniffed out the Hudson Bay bear and simply assumed it was for him. Hmm . . . I am sure it will be dry by the time I hand it to Kathleen!


No comments: