Monday, May 18, 2009

Winding Down Our Texas - Toronto - Texas Trip

We have arrived in Bryant, Arkansas (just south of Little Rock, home of The Bill Clinton Museum & Library) nice and early. So, we have a little time to relax and we will have our dinner at Cracker Barrel.

If you have not eaten at Cracker Barrel, it is a marketing marvel with a huge gift shop on one side, restaurant on the other and wonderfully clean and tidy restrooms in the middle at the back. There are checkers to play, rocking chairs to sit in and puzzles on each table to strain your brain a little while waiting for your food. They have maps to pick up so you can find them as you travel.

They even sponsor some country music and if you read this blog all the time, you know we once met Aaron Tippin and his crew who had their bus parked out back. Cracker Barrel handles Aaron Tippin CDs as well.

The food is simply delicious no matter what you order and if you want it, you can order breakfast all day long.

We are so tired, and so happy to be - hopefully - just one day from home!

Here is a summary of what I still want to tell you. Also, if you have any queries, just ask. You can use the "comment" form below, as detailed on the sidebar.

I will definitely be telling you about our experience with our packing; our Ford Explorer which has been excellent, both to drive and to pack; and my eating. Yes, Monique and Richard, I have really done quite well but will know better when I check the scales at home! Yes, we did bring a little too much . . . mostly because we were expecting more cold weather and also because we might have needed some more formal clothes for some events. My back has done quite well but as we wind down these last few days, my right foot is not so good and I am using the cane more and more. I will be glad to be back and doing even more exercise.

Thank you to Dr. Carolyn Clansy Miller for her suggestion that I blog as I travelled and more, thank you for reading. Thank you to all the friends and relatives who treated us like royalty. Special thanks to my St.Clement's friends for the wonderful 50th Reunion!

No comments: