Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Veggies for Meghan!

For me, writing has always been second nature. Writing a blog each day is a lot of fun and I never run out of ideas. There is always something topical or a story to tell. 

So, on Election Day, I should be writing about that? Maybe not. 

No, this morning an advertisement in a supplement to this morning's paper provides today's topic.

First, let me tell you that early this evening, Turner Classic Movies will show "Psycho",  so that would certainly be a diversion from the economy and the Election!  Always looking for diversions, you know!

Got some great news yesterday and that is that we will be seeing granddaughter Meghan sometime around Christmas. For us, heck, that could be anytime to Easter and we would still celebrate! 

All of you who have children and grandchildren in the Military,  we know you miss them dearly! I just wonder if they knew just how much we miss them! I sure hope so.

Hubby asked this morning if I thought Meghan ever looks at this blog and I said cheerfully, "Oh, I imagine she does . . . sometimes!"

The Army has Meghan in South Korea, so we are probably more fortunate than families whose children are in major war zones. But, we miss her just the same!

I like to tease Meghan because it keeps me from really letting her know how many times we pray for her and actually cry that she is so far away from us.

I send her e-mails and I tell her that, "Tonight we are eating macaroni in your honor!" I try to envision her smile as she reads what must seem a little silly. But silly is good  and silly gets us through a lot of stuff!

Since joining the Army, Meghan is eating a more rounded diet but that girl sure did like carbs and in particular she was a big fan of mashed potatoes, angel cake with strawberries on top,  and of course,  macaroni!

When her Grandpa was still a widow, he used to make macaroni for the girls after picking them from school. Of course, he was their hero!

I know you ARE reading this, Meghan, and after almost twelve years, I have to tell you that I look very carefully at the chocolate I buy to make sure that there are no NUTS in it.  (Yes, yes, the nut is the one who is writing this.)

We try to make light because we do miss you so very much. We will be counting down to your coming home.

Oh, and yes, yes: Knorr has a brand new product and we sure will be happy to make it for you when you are here: Knorr Sides Plus: Macaroni and Cheese - with two full servings of veggies! In fact, we will just go and buy some today and eat it tonight in your honor!  Veggies, indeed!

Love you and all the men and women who are away from home, serving our Country. Remember, your families miss you very, very much!


No comments: