Saturday, November 22, 2008

Catfish!

One of the  things about Texas that was new to me was catfish and you know, I didn't mention it in my book! Somethings I got so used to, that I now take them for granted.

Now, we did see catfish on a menu about six years ago in Toronto but I had never heard of it before coming here.

It is a delicate and delicious fish and we just were at Catfish King tonight.  I think most catfish are farm-raised. If you see a catfish farm, you see very tidy ponds full of the fish. You can have it baked but the most popular is fried. It is meticulously breaded and they must fry it in oil but it is never oily or greasy. 

They have a great salad bar and beans come with the dinner. We change out the hushpuppies and fries for a baked potato. So it is really a pretty healthy meal. I have never seen anyone eating dessert at Catfish King so everyone must be pretty full with their first course. 

I am sure I will hear from someone if they have been eating catfish in Canada. Just thought I'd check!




No comments: