Saturday, November 8, 2008

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?

The "Singin' Rage, Miss Patti Page, is 81 today! When I was a teenager, I loved to listen to all Patti Page's songs - not just How Much Is That Doggie In The Window? She had a nice, small waist and wore beautiful dresses with full skirts with crinolines underneath and she could really belt out a song. They were melodic songs like Tennessee Waltz, Old Cape Cod, Allegheny Moon, Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte, I Went To Your Wedding, You Belong To Me, Cross Over The Bridge, Steam Heat, Let Me Go, Lover, You Can't Be True, Dear. 

If you are about my age, I bet you can hum at least half of those songs. In the 50s, when we had wonderful variety shows to watch on TV,  you could tune in and watch her frequently. 

She is originally from Oklahoma, has been married twice  and today she and her hubby run a maple syrup business in New Hampshire. They also have a home in San Diego, California. 

Doesn't make me feel old and it is nice to think about and hum all those great classics! 

Have a fine day and do go to a Bazaar or Festival near you today!

No comments: