Friday, November 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILLY GRAHAM



Rev. Billy Graham is 90 years old today. Everybody knows of this man who has been a consultant to presidents and is probably most remembered for his Billy Graham Crusades. The Crusades from past decades are still broadcast and, of course, they always ended with the singing of “Just As I Am” being sung while the audience walked up to the front to receive Christ as their savior.

You don’t have to be a believer to acknowledge that Billy Graham, a gentle and humble man, has been one of the most influential and recognizable people of the past 100 years.

 Here is what he says about living so long: 

“I suppose my first thought about living so long is one of surprise! I never thought I’d live this long; when I was growing up, I can’t recall that any members of our family lived to this age. I thank God for giving me such a long and full life — and above all, my feeling is one of deep gratitude to him for all his blessings. Often in recent days I have recalled the Bible’s words in Lamentations 3:22-23: ‘His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.’

“I look forward to heaven. But in the meantime, my goal is to be faithful to Christ until he calls me home. May this be your goal as well.” © 2008 Tribune Media Services 11/7 

         Happy Birthday, Billy Graham!

No comments: