Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bumpy Road To Texas - Time to Put It to Bed!

Posted by Picasa
Here I am at my Citizenship Party back in October, 2003. It was a wonderful party where about 150 people came and went! I had scored 100% on my Citizenship Test but had not yet been sworn in. We had everything ready so we partied anyway! The Lufkin Community Band played patriotic music and we had all kinds of beautiful food and decorations that my friends at Angel of Joy had made. (Bonnie Larson brought me that wonderful hat from California and its place of honor is on one of the great room bookshelves!)

I have been truly blessed to have found such a wonderful life with Keith in Texas and I thank God for that every day!. My Canadian roots and they way I express myself will probably always be obvious to my American friends. Even though I have been here for almost twelve years now, I guess people can still tell I am not from here originally. (How can that be?)

Realizing that, I felt people might like to know the differences between Canada and America, in particular, Texas, so I have written a book. It is just about completely edited and there are just a few touches to complete. It also tells you about my life before and my very blessed life after.

Watch this blog to find out where you can purchase your copy!

No comments: