Monday, November 3, 2008

Tough Times?

When I was a little girl and World War II was still on, you could get some really good help because people were really anxious to have a job.

Well, that was then, and this is now.

We have faster communication than we have ever had. Events are broadcast on radio, TV and online a few minutes after they happen.

There is just no reason for people not to know what is going on. So I have to assume that just about everybody is aware that financially, things are not going well here right now.

So, I am just wondering why the service and the offers of items to buy are not reflecting this state of the economy.

A few weeks ago, we purchased a new bed and had to wrestle the store to deliver it without their $69. charge. Charge for delivery of furniture?

A company I was working with online laid off some workers a few weeks ago. The service I required was to be within 24 hours but I waited about 72 hours. 

How bad will the economy have to get before people wake up and realize that if you want to make the sale, you must - literally - deliver?

Just something to think about.



No comments: