Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Well . . . Maybe We Can Talk Now!

In case you haven't read the update, it looks like the "Big Three" Automakers may have come to some realistic thinking! 

Ford CEO Alan Mulally has already said he will be driving to Washington for the Thursday and Friday bailout hearings. That was a start. 

Now, GM Chief Rick Wagoner will drive a Chevrolet Malibu hybrid sedan the 520 miles from Detroit to Washington. 

Now, yesterday, Hubby suggested that Mr. Mulally would likely have a chauffeur or as we say in bad economic times, a driver. 

So, I got to thinking about the back seat of a Chevy Malibu Hybrid and I am thinking that the old style of the executive sitting on the right side of the back seat will be history.

I envision Mr. Wagoner in the front passenger seat. 

So times are changing . . . or so we hope.

In the article I read, I saw a few loopholes including no bonuses in 2009. Could you make that this year, gentlemen?

Haven't heard from the Chrysler head yet, but I would hope for a PT Cruiser to be coming across that road . . .

Gentlemen, start your engines . . . the economical car might take a little longer to get to Washington. Of course, I hope the ride is smooth so you can be scribbling on your legal pad as you drive. And I certainly hope for good road conditions - no snow, no ice!

Welcome to the real world, Gentlemen!

By the way, did I tell you about my friend who got into a mid-size sedan last week with her two grown daugthers to drive straight through to Peterborough, Ontario from Lufkin Texas to see their grandfather who has been very sick? Did I tell you they had a blowout in the first day? Did I mention they had plenty of snow on the way back down? Did I tell you that one daughter was just 45 minutes late for her SFA college classes (in Nacogdoches, TX) yesterday morning? 

No, I didn't mention this until these ladies finished their endeavor. Who says people - especially women - are soft these days? Who says people can't do what they feel they have to in a given situation?

Get with the program, gentlemen! Turn on your cell phones, take some snack bars and bottled water and wear casual clothes. Hope you don't have another car following you and I truly hope you don't have a blowout like my friends had.

My friends left Grandpa in stable condition - encouraged by their visit. Can you do the same and leave our money . . . and it is OUR money in stable condition?

Think about us . . . especially we seniors . . . everyday watching our investments dwindle. Think, Gentlemen, THINK!

We await some good news about your Wednesday drives to D.C.  Let us see the Dow go up and our portfolios make some recoveries. 

Come on, boys, Christmas is coming! Oh, and safe journey. Text me if you need to!

No comments: