Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sweetest Little Dog On The Face Of The Earth!

I was offered a small white female Shih Tzu dog last night. She had come to the door of my friend's home, looking for someone to help her. I believe she lucked out on the door she found! My friend is very much an animal lover. On the flip side, the Shih Tzu is a breed very easy to love. I used to call them the Sweetest Little Dog On The Face Of The Earth!

The Shih Tzu was originally bred to be a companion to the ladies of the Chinese palace. They are very loving and just live to please their owners.

So, why - why would someone abandon this sweet little girl? Perhaps her family just could not afford to feed her and take care of her any more. Perhaps they had to move. Especially in a poor economy, we are going to see a lot of dogs looking to be rescued by some kind soul.

Now, don't feel bad because I did not take her. My friend will be happy to have her. She has lots of space and is used to the grooming this little tyke will need.

Her hubby went home to browse the ads to see if someone might be looking for this little doll but she was badly matted and kind of hungry, so perhaps someone let her off on the roadside.

The irony is that I was set to crop (scrapbook) some of my own Shih Tzu. I owned, bred and showed Shih Tzu for twenty-five years. I wanted a little chronology of my breeding and showing. I enjoyed my Shih Tzu very much. (The Shih Tzu breed was developed by crossing the Pekingese and the Lhasa Apso.)

I brought my last two homebred Shih with me to Texas - Sadie and Harry. They got along well and Keith suitably spoiled them. After Harry's death, we said that was it. Of course, we lasted five weeks until we chose Buddy the Lhasa - pictured below - to be part of our family.

I have chosen the Shih Tzu photo above because I think that is just about what this little girl will look like once she is cleaned up.

Especially over the holiday season, let us hope that all the little abandoned dogs and cats find as good a home as this little gal has found! Oh, and by the way - give your own dog a big hug for me!

No comments: