Sunday, December 28, 2008

Three More Days . . .

Only three more days left in 2008 to tidy up and bring in the New Year!

The Scottish have a tradition that on New Year's Eve, they tidy their cupboards and clean house to be ready for the new year.

My Dad believed the Christmas decorations should be down before the new year, or there would be bad luck. (We believe that Christmas season does not end till January 6th, but, a few things could come down to give us a fresh start!)

Lots of people have lots of ideas, that's for sure. I have a few practical ones to help us out of this abysmal 2008 and into a fresh year.

Some of us need to take a few minutes here and a few minutes there to clear the clutter - a little bit at least, in each room.

We could round up those clothes we do not wear but that are in good condition and take them down to the Second Hand Store where someone else will find them and enjoy them.

Let's put up those new calendars around the house now. Most of them have December on them. We have had our Holly Weems' Century 21 Magnetic Calendar on the frig for a few weeks now! Ah, yes, perhaps I need to remove a few of the old things from that frig while I think about it!

In the office, there are a few things to be filed, aren't there? Uh, oh!

Hmm . . . I should make sure I do some form of exercise tape starting tomorrow, so I don't put that off! Richard Simmons would be perturbed to think we hadn't worked out over the holiday!

Must put all gifts away! Books on bookshelf or coffee table and clothing hung gently in the closet. (Of course, we did that when we cleared out a few things to take to the Thrift Store, didn't we?) Of course, I have to put my bath goodies away on the shelf.

Must find the spoon rest that went missing. When doing that, I can toss out a couple - okay, more than a couple - of things that are junking up the kitchen.

Must tidy shoes in closet - hmm, I already did that! Get out the writing paper or notes and thank the people who gave us nifty gifts! A book on scrapbooking! Wowee - that was perfect! Cash - that was perfect! Send notes to a couple of people we did not know where to send cards before Christmas - I'm sure they will understand!

Ask God to bless all the people who gave me chocolate for Christmas! I know that means my friends think I am slimmer than I think. I like those friends very much!

I always feel good about clearing and decluttering! It makes the house look a little larger and helps me to feel more positive about everything! So, let's do that - just a few minutes at a time and let's feel positive about having a fresh slate for 2009!

No comments: