Friday, March 6, 2009

A Toronto Man Was Reading About Three Women Driving to Peterborough From East Texas and Thought It Sounded A Lot Like His Niece . . .

You may recall - or you can go back to a blog I did in December which talked about my friend and her two daughters who drove 'round the clock from East Texas to Peterborough, Ontario, to visit their very sick grandfather. They had a blowout on the way, got it fixed and they still made it by taking turns driving.

At that time, I was wondering how difficult it would be for the President of General Motors to drive from Detroit to Washington . . .

Well, a man in Toronto read that blog and called his sister in Peterborough to say he had read a blog with a story that sounded much like his nieces' adventure.

We had lunch with his sister (since widowed) who is visiting her daughter here in East Texas and listened to her story:

"So, I told him, that you had indeed written a blog about the girls! He was pretty surprised!"

So, as I munched on my delicious grilled cheese on special bread yesterday, I told her,

"Gee, thanks very much for tomorrow's content!"

I remind you how small the world really is!

No comments: