Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Port Hope, Minnesota, USA? Port Hope Dresses Up For TV Shoot!

My favorite card and gift shop . . . are they flying American flags there?

Do I know this bread company from Halpin, Minnesota?

North Minnesota Savings & Loan? I bank at Canada Trust!
Capital Theatre changed to Halpin Theater? Hmmm . . . Didn't Men of the Deeps (with my brother-in-law, Sen White) play there?

Particularly since you have just read about Natasha Richardson's husband, Liam Neeson, flying from Toronto to her side in the Montreal area after her skiiing accident at Mt. Tremblant, you probably are aware that there is a major movie and television industry in Canada. Liam was filming a movie named Chloe. [Post script: Our condolences to Natasha Richardson's family. She died on March 18, 2009 from her trauma.}

A lot of production is done in Toronto and Vancouver but this week, the town where I was living before I came to Texas is involved.

Port Hope has been changed to be Halpin, Minnesota. ABC Television is filming a pilot called Happy Town this week.

My friend, Christine, thought it would be fun to take some photos for me and so I am sharing them with you. Thanks, Christine!

No comments: