Friday, March 20, 2009

Martha From Texas . . . My Special Friend, William: Planning our Canadian Trip

In about seven weeks we will be in Ontario. Each time I visit Port Hope, the town in Ontario where I was living before I moved to East Texas, I look forward to seeing my young friend, William.

Wil will be 7 in November, so that means he'll be six and a half when I see him this year. Wil is the one who wanted to be a meteorologist. He has been reading about weather for a long time and sometimes I send his Grandma Judy links to look at a storm in our area, although they also follow the weather channel.

I always have to remind myself that when William was born, I was living here in Texas. He wasn't even born when I lived in Port Hope. So, that is why Wil opens the door when I knock and says,

"Oh, look: it's Martha From Texas!" (You gotta love that!)

Actually, I just scrapped some photos of his parents' wedding - again. I just love those photos and I had cropped them for his grandmother's book. I was wearing a dress that is sort of orange color and well, if you scrapbook, you know that makes for some interesting possiblities.

When we think about Christine & Les' wedding, we think about the wonderful English Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. Keith had never eaten that before. Once you know my Hubby, you know that he has done lots of things and speaks a few languages and has lived several places. So, it was fun to see something served to him he had never enjoyed before! It was a wonderful wedding with lots of family and friends and everyone enjoying themselves.

We always plan time with Grandma Judy and the family. They are such special people and we feel very much like family. So, William, get ready 'cause it won't be long till you can open that door for us!

No comments: