Monday, October 20, 2008

Back In The Garden . . .

If you read my blog yesterday, then you will really appreciate what I have to tell you today. 

I was not really expecting my week to start off too well because I was scheduled for an MRI this morning at 9:30 a.m. (You may recall me mentioning that my back has been painful since Hurricane Ike. This was originally blamed on the atmospheric pressure.) 

Seems to me I have had at least one MRI in the past, and it was not the most pleasant experience. That’s the one where they guide you through a cylinder; you cannot move and it is pretty claustrophobic. Since there they have also invented an “open MRI” machine, I guess that is assumed to be true. 

An MRI technologist  named Tracey Turner – tall, slim, pretty blond who I guess is a little older than she looks because she has been working at Memorial Hospital for 17 years – came to the waiting area to lead me to the inner sanctum. 

Today, it was Keith who had the rough time because he was in that waiting room for one hour exactly. I was sure happy to tell him my experience as we walked to the parking because I knew my time had been better than his. 

Tracey asked me some questions and gave me a few choices. I was able to leave my most of my clothes on including my shoes. (That way, I could have gone with my “boots” on!) 

Now, she asked me if I am claustrophobic and I answered “Yes”. Then she asked me if I would like to wear a headset with some music playing. I answered “Yes” again. Tracey let me know that she would be able to talk to me through the headset and I would be able to let her know how loud I wanted the music to be. 

(In the Explorer on the way to the hospital, we were listening to Alan Jackson’s Precious Memories. That always calms me, especially in Lufkin traffic.) 

So, now Tracey asked me what kind of music I like – who would I like to hear? 

“Well, Alan Jackson?” 

“I have Alan Jackson, but it is spiritual music. Is that okay?” 

“Then, it must be Precious Memories?” 

“Yes, it is!” 

Well, long story short, the MRI was a long story short and shy of not being able to sing along, that x-ray was such a piece of cake that I just had to tell you about it! 

And, of course, now you know that Track 6 is “In The Garden! . . ." 

Like I said yesterday, have a blessed week! And may your experiences all be as good as mine this morning! Oh yes, Happy 50th Birthday, Alan Jackson (yesterday)! 

No comments: