Friday, September 26, 2008

The Vivid Horror of Galveston

 Galveston Island has been a favorite tourist spot. It was very beautiful, full of life and full of fun. 

 I wrote before about the Hurricane they had a century ago. Thousands were lost back then. Thanks to all the preparation, evacuation and work of the State of Texas, it seems there have approximately fifty lives lost. Of course, that is fifty too many.

Everyone should have evacuated and we were waiting for them up here in East Texas. 

I have not even shown you the most grim of the photos but I did want you to see for yourself how bad it really was.  I tried to pick some photos that would show emotions on the faces of those coming back to what was left of their homes this week. 

God Bless Galveston! God Bless Texas!

And God Bless my favorite doctor who gave me a cortizone shot for my back today. If only we had such fixes for Galveston and the Texas Gulf Coast!

No comments: