Monday, February 16, 2009

A Little Pep Talk!

As I get older, it becomes more and more obvious to me that we must never give up! When we have something we want in life, we must work at getting that!

Some of us have to work all the time to keep our weight down. We can never give up - not even for one day because it is very easy to gain back weight we have lost!

Perhaps weight is not a problem for you. Perhaps something else is difficult and gives you a tough time.

Friends play a big part in our having a fine life. Many of my friends . . . especially those at a distance, I keep in touch with via e-mail, but I do keep in touch! Now that we have Facebook and MySpace, we can keep in touch very easily. It is good to have people who will remind us of the things we want and encourage us to keep trying to get it right.

Right now I am doing well with my weight and I know I can get it down a little more if I exercise every day as well as watching what I eat. So that means, I have to work at it. I cannot let it get away from me for even a day!

For you, it might be something different you need to do. I know one gal who has two children and has now gone back to get her university degree. It is hard to do things like that, but if we have a team of friends cheering for us, we can do pretty much whatever we set our minds to do.

It is important to make sure our "friends" are all on our team and really wanting good things for us. We need to weed out people who do not have our best interest in their thoughts.

I think a lot of us are not as good friends to ourselves as we should be! We need to take a better look at what we do well. Concentrating on what we do well and improving ourselves every day makes us feel good about ourselves. When we feel good about ourselves, it is easy to feel good about those around us.

Learn to shake off people who are unkind or do not have your best interest in their thoughts. Be civil to them, but don't concentrate on mean things they might have said. Just keep on improving what you yourself do well!

Another way to make friends and feel really good about yourself, is to think about the other person and notice what might be bothering them. You can help that person and feel good about yourself at the same time. People who focus on others have less time to worry about themselves. Soon everything just naturally goes smoother!

Hope you are having a fine day and planning to have an even finer day tomorrow!

No comments: