Friday, January 23, 2009

Time to Scrapbook the Inauguration

I love to scrapbook and tonight I was "cropping" the Inauguration of Barack Obama. This is an event that your children and grandchildren will want to know about and remember. There are photos online which you can download for your own use. You will find photos in many current magazines.

Don't forget to journal about what you were doing - were you at work; were you at home? Put down the dates, identify the people in the photos and some of the special things that were said. Add a little about where you live, how old everyone in your family is, where you live, and your impressions. Talk about how you feel about this historical day.

I used patriotic paper for the actual swearing in and a photo of the Lincoln bible. I used wonderful papers to compliment Michelle Obama's outfit. I still have the Inauguration Balls still to do and I will be using silvers and whites.

You'll be glad you put down your thoughts and detailed it for future generations and they will love to see just how history was made. And yes . . . this time we are a part of history!

No comments: