Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping Track of Friends & Relatives in Real Time

My Space and Facebook help us keep track of people at a distance in real time.

I know how the weather is affecting my niece and sister-in-law in Nova Scotia and my friend visiting Ontario can tell me exactly where she had lunch in Port Hope yesterday.

No large phone charges, no roaming charges, no wondering if someone is going to answer, and no worry about time zones.

I can also keep track of some old friends in Raleigh - okay, sorry guys - you're actually pretty young!

With people being so scattered, this is an easy, time-effective way to see what everyone is doing. People can post photos they took yesterday!

A major advantage is just going to one website to see all messages. Yes, yes, I know this is the lazy man's way of keeping in touch, but it's effective and I am trying to learn to be part of the times!

I have one friend in Port Hope who writes beautiful letters to me, and I have a lot of trouble sitting down to reply. I know that is a great art. Somehow, although we have all the time savers we have, we no longer seem to have the time for these niceties

So, I'm just trying to keep up . . .

No comments: