Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Precious Little Girl Pondering A Cookie!

So, I guess I call this photo, "Precious Little Girl Pondering A Cookie". Finally, I have my birthday camera set up with my computer. I have lots to learn about it but I am literally jumping with glee over the fun I am going to have with it!

Imagine how nifty it will be to take pictures in Iowa of granddaughter Keri's wedding in six weeks? (Of course, I won't know till I get home if I did okay or not, will I?)

Do you recall your first camera? When I was about seven, my aunt and uncle gave me a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye, also for my birthday.

My parents took me to Niagara Falls for a visit and that is where I got to use my camera for the first time. I have already scrapbooked some of those photos. First, they are black and white. Second they are really small and lastly, that is IT. No I do not mean "IT" as in "Information Technology", I mean, that is all there is. (No cropping, no sizing, no lightening it up.)

One of the pictures from Niagara is of my Dad on a huge dock. Man, oh man, is he frowning! Well, I guess he had stood there quite a while as I fiddled with how to actually press the button and click the shutter as they used to say. What is outstanding about that photo is its clarity! Guess he was not expecting me to do so well!

Well, this photo of Precious Ava is not my best photo of her, but it sure does illustrate that you can get some lovely clear shots without the other person even blinking! She was not interrupted at all!

Some of the first photos I took are really nice of her mother and Ava and there is no red eye, no blur, no bad anything. WOW!

Now, Hubby thought I would be a long time learning the camera which was a bit discouraging. I told him of the experience of the really crisp photos with my first camera and tried hard to bolster my own confidence. Once Hubby set up the software on my computer, and I fiddled a little while with it, I had everything from the camera onto the computer. A major plus is that the pictures go into my beloved Picasa3 program.

Thank you, CVS Drug Store for discontinuing your one-time use digital camera. That pretty much forced me to buy a real digital camera. Now I will have more photos than I can ever crop, won't I?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: