Thursday, July 9, 2009

Buy It And You Will Learn To Use It!



I finally got a digital camera for my birthday. Actually, I picked it out myself in Ontario at a Wal-Mart. This camera is already saving me money because I have been using one time use digital cameras I was purchasing from a drug store chain. (I would take them back and they would make me a disk to put into my computer along with a set of prints.)

Of course, I had absolutely no clue about operating the new camera. It came with a lot of instructions, gizmos and gadgets.

Hubby (The Engineer) says I learn how to do something by doing it. I have no idea if he meant that to be good or bad. Generally he makes pretty nice comments about me so I have to take it as simply factual: I learn by doing.

We all remember how many times we have learned by doing something wrong. I don't think that is what he meant. No, not at all. I think he just simply sees me sit down, fiddle with something and keep at it until I get it going.

My grandmother used to say I had a lot of patience, and I guess either that is true or I am just plain foolish.

Well, anyway, I am still learning how to take pictures and then link the camera to my computer and upload them. I have a nice program called Picasa3 and my pictures actually end up in that program and I can edit them quite nicely, thank you. I'm certain you recognized one of my favorite subjects up there, Buddy the Lhasa.

I don't really have a strong point to make to my readers today other than if you want to do something, like use a real digital camera, do so. Buy it and you will learn it!

That might be a useful message in a time when there are a lot of new devices and gadgets - all that take time to learn, unless you are a teenager!

No comments: