Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Making Lots of Changes

As you found out yesterday, I will be going back to work. First, I will be going for training at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches (Oldest Town in Texas) which is about a half hour drive from home.

The first change we are making is in our routine. We have already been working on that: early to bed and early to rise. (If you were wondering why NBC changed Jay Leno to 9:00 p.m. Central Time, now you know: to accommodate seniors going back to work!)

Baseball - which is my favorite sport - is very accommodating. Here in Central Time Zone, it generally comes on at 7 p.m. , sometimes at 6 p.m. , as long as The Astros or Rangers are not playing on the West Coast. Of course, Houston Astros are very much "out of it" as far as playoff season is concerned.

Football - probably my least favorite sport, mostly because I have trouble understanding it - goes on forever. I am not sure whether that is by the clock or by my mental attitude. This is really too bad, because Hubby likes football and even played it in High School and College.

Basketball - even though I played it in high school - is again not one of my favorite sports. I think it has to do with their clock. Why, when there are only a few minutes on the clock, are there several time outs, causing the game to continue for another half-hour or so?

So, watching sports is something Hubby may have to curtail and that will be hard for him because he is such a fan.

I like to read the morning newspaper to find out what is going on and be up-to-date, so now I have to read the headlines and only have time for the stories I really want to read, the horoscope and the comics. (I'll have to read the rest of the paper in the evening.)

We used to have apples and cheese when we first awakened but now we will have our whole breakfast first thing.

We were able to catch an afternoon nap which gave us a second wind but I don't think I can do that at work!

I do workout in the morning and so, I must still do that! I exercise, not only to lose weight, but to boost my energy. So, I cannot give that up.

So, here we are, with less energy than we had when we were younger, extending our sleep time to keep us up and at 'em.

Oh, yes, this is for those of you who did not figure it out yesterday when I said that now I will become a Sutton . . . Because I will be counselling, I will be joining the four immediate members of our family who do that (currently at a higher level than I).

Wish us well. There will be big changes for Hubby as well as me. He is my backup, you know and no one has better support in my projects than I do! A great Hubby maketh a great wife!

2 comments:

Monica L. Coleman said...

Hi Martha -- I finally got around to checking out your blog! I'm so glad I did! Great article and very encouraging. I'm sure you'll do well in your transition. God bless!

Dr. Carolyn Miller said...

You are an inspiration!!!!