Saturday, September 5, 2009

Everybody Should Cook Chicken Today!

Well, at Hubby's recommendation, I just finished reading Leon Hale's blog today. It is about cooking chicken, at his wife's beckoning. I think Hubby wanted me to read this so he could feel a kinship with Leon Hale as he helps cook chicken for our dinner tonight.

We've invited a gal to dinner and we have the chicken breasts - skinless and boneless - just like The Hales - in the 'frig. They should be ready to cook now.

We even purchased a stock pot the other day: yup, a simple stock pot - not to be confused with "crock pot".

We have all the ingredients and spices - pretty similar to what Leon and his "Partner" (wife) used.

We have chicken stock, cooking onions, baby carrots and various spices ready to do this. I think we will simply cook it on the stove although Leon's Partner did place theirs in the oven.

Another difference is that The Hales used a cookbook and my recipe is in my head. (Uh oh . . . )

Yes, I will be encouraging Hubby to wash his hands many times as Mrs. Hale did her husband.

In not too long or stressful a time, we will have a delicious chicken dinner to serve for dinner. We'll put it in the 'frig till this evening when we'll place it on a pretty platter and have a side salad in another bowl. (Yes, we will serve dessert.)

So, in case you were wondering, that's what we're having for dinner.

Of course, all this is Richard Simmons approved. That would be the difference between the Hales' dinner and ours. I am still about 18 pounds from goal which is miraculous (for me) and yes, this recipe is a simple variation on Richard's Sunday cooking meals.

So, what are you having for dinner tonight?

(As an aside, columnists and bloggers traditionally do not refer to their spouses by their names or as husband or wife, hence, Leon's "Partner" and my "Hubby".

To read any of Leon Hale's blogs, just go to the link in the right sidebar of this blog and click on Leon Hale.

No comments: