Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Smiling From Greer To Greer!

smile! by seanbjack
smile!, a photo by seanbjack on Flickr.
When I was a child back in Toronto, I inherited my Father's crooked teeth and my Mother soft teeth . . . soft, crooked teeth. I had to have lots of fillings.

My dentist was Dr. Greer on Eglinton Avenue by the Theater and you had to climb a l-o-n-g flight of stairs to get up to his office.

Dr. Greer's main eccentricity was having me memorize bible verses . . . which actually may not have been a bad thing.

Dr. Greer's two elder daughters baby sat me and one of them became a dentist who practiced up in Muskoka (cottage country).

One of the younger children, about my age also became a dentist: Dr. Bill Greer.

When I came to Texas, I found a wonderful and kind dentist, named Dr. Ralph Rose who by then had more than his work cut out for him. About 25 years ago, a fall had caused me to lose several front teeth and Dr. Rose was able to make something permanent for me that has worked very well.

At Christmas this year, I started to have some terrible pain and when he came back from his Colorado vacation, Dr. Rose came into his office to assess just what had gone wrong.

Long story short, tooth roots go up into the sinus area.

Further long story short, Dr. Rose sent me to a dentist who specializes in fixing this.

His name . . . Dr. Bill Greer! No relation: from East Texas, but still what a coincidence.

Dr. Greer has a staff who have been with him a long time and I found myself very comfortable.

So, I was there today for what we hope will be my final surgery and it is still swollen.

But you know - for 1,600 miles from Toronto, I thought that was a pretty good coincidence!

No comments: