Thursday, October 11, 2012

One Down . . . One To Go: Surrounded by Kindness!


My right eye surgery took longer to heal than expected. I was in the supermarket and my eye doctor was there. He asked how I was doing and then went to his car for a prescription pad to write me two prescriptions to help me along. When I saw him this week, he said I am ready to have the other eye's cataract removed. We made the appointment which will be in about 10 days. How special was that for him to stop in the middle of shopping to prescribe some medicine for me?

Last Sunday, I could not see well enough to sing in the Choir. After church, several people came up to us and hugged us and asked how my eye was doing. That was special.

My neighbor's two little girls came with some wild flowers which we put in a vase. They lasted all week and were yet another reminder of people's kindness. 

Now, of course, I cannot yet see as well as I will when I have new lenses in my glasses, but at least I feel I am on my way to seeing a whole lot better. 

I will still have astigmatism but that is not a problem. We first caught that when I was taking piano lessons back when I was about six or seven. Mother heard the teacher yelling and came to see what was wrong. What was wrong was that I could not see the notes!

So, even though I cannot see really well yet, it is encouraging that so many people are with me all the way through just another of life's ordeals. Blessings to all!

No comments: