Sunday, October 21, 2012

Let Me Hear It One More Time

DSCN0928 by lrslocum
DSCN0928, a photo by lrslocum on Flickr.

Jesus loves the little children, All the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, All are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world. 

Many of us learned this hymn when we were little children so it is familiar to most of us. Last week and today, we sang this hymn in church and I want to tell you the response. I get to see the entire congregation since I am in the Choir and sit up in the Loft facing them. Everyone joined in in this wonderful and familiar hymn. I think most of them thought about how long they had known this hymn! One couple were arm in arm and swaying to and fro as they sang it. 

With so many new things and so much change, how good does it feel to have something stay the same? I have never intended this to be a religious blog but Christianity is an integral part of my life. Some of you may not be of the Christian faith, but I bet you like a certain sameness in your life. 

When I go to my hometown, Toronto, I like to drive past the house I lived in when I was growing up and my school. Toronto is a very large city and not too much stays the same so I am always happy to see something that is very much like it was when I was a child. There is a certain feeling of security and comfort when we something or hear something we have known most of our lives.

Technology seemingly re-invents itself every few months. We just learn one way of doing something online or how to work a cell phone or computerized tablet, when a "new improved" one is invented. 

Hubby and I often think of old songs or someone who may have been famous many years ago and we enjoy reminiscing. I think all older people probably feel that way. We like the new technology that helps us do things more efficiently, but we also like the old memories that make us feel very warm inside.

No comments: