Sunday, October 4, 2009

Prayers for Sarah


The five-year-old on the left is Sarah Swan and she is having heart surgery this week in Houston, Texas. Sarah was born with a problem and has had treatment over the years. This surgery is the critical one her family and medical team have been building up to over her lifetime.

The gal on the right is her mother, Sharon. I cannot quite remember exactly when I first met Sharon - probably not long after I came to Texas. Sharon is always on the go and is always involved in a project, helping someone, reaching out to someone, organizing something or out having lunch at the tea room.

Today I am wearing a cross I bought from Sharon several years ago when she had a jewelry party at my home. She used to buy Avon from me when I sold that. So, I really can't remember when I didn't know Sharon.

It is not very long ago that I asked you to pray for our granddaughter, Kyla Jayne when she had heart surgery in Iowa. What did Sharon do in addition to praying? She sent a pretty nightgown and a pillow with Kyla's name on it. Sharon and her friend started a program to do this and now it is expanding across the country.

That's what Sharon does. She reaches out to others . . . all the time.

So, this week, could you reach out to Sharon, her husband Todd, her son Jason and most of all to sweet little Sarah and say just a little prayer?

Please pray that her doctors and medical team can give Sarah a healthy, happy life so she will be strong and be able to live a long beautiful life?

By the way, if Sarah were tell you herself about the most important things that have been happening in her life this past month, I think she would tell you about her fifth birthday party with a Barbie theme, but probably she would also tell you about her good morning call from Barbie and her visit to her Mommy's "old office" to see just some of her friends.

Please add Sarah Swan and Family to your own prayers and any Prayer Lists you have.

Children's children are a crown to the aged and parents are the pride of their children.
Proverbs 17: 6

Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
Matthew 19: 14

2 comments:

Dr. Carolyn Miller said...

Yes, I will pray for Sarah.

Sharon said...

Dear Martha,

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. We are so thankful. Also, we met at Century 21! :) Love, Sharon