Monday, August 18, 2008

Thanks!

We used to get thank-you notes from people for gifts and even for dinner and other outings. What has happened to that?

Am I choosing the wrong gifts?

Did they not receive the package?

Was the gift sack missed on the “gift table”?

Was the card lost in the shuffle and they didn’t know who the giver was?

There must be some explanation why we are receiving so few thank you notes for the presents we give!

Not only did we used to receive thank-you notes, we received them in a week or less!

I am still sending these notes, but perhaps that just makes me old-fashioned, or worse, just plain old!

When I look at the racks of boxed cards at the store, most of them are thank you notes. So, is anybody buying these?

I should mention here that the odds of me receiving a thank-you from a young man these days are higher than from young ladies!

Is this a nicer way to live? Young people register for gifts, but do not acknowledge receipt?

Alas, why should I be worrying? I am sure some smart retailer will be able to come up with a pre-printed card that is part of the registering package!

Dear ___________________ ,

Thank you so very much for Bar Code Number 6712-334-996 from Aisle 6 at Target!

Love,


__________________________ X

Michael & Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha so true
Thank you for your stories I love them.