Monday, July 29, 2013

Never Forgotten

Baby feet by Daniel Hurst Photography
Baby feet, a photo by Daniel Hurst Photography on Flickr.
Anyone who has mourned a child can tell you that it is a special feeling. It is something you cannot explain to someone who has not experienced it. 

Keith and I have been following a Facebook Page called One Love For 80. 

His mother is from the next town over and at least one of our friends knows her. 

I am not going into Aiden's history, because you can see that for yourself if you want. (Aiden's nickname is "80".)

What I want to tell you is this: We never stop learning. 

Aiden's Mother made a beautiful comment the other day about how if 80 does go to Heaven, she will still be his Mom. 

That really struck me! 

I had two children, many years ago: they would be in their 40s now. Over the years, I have struggled to try to know children but I never really felt comfortable with them. 

I was a Mother, but my children died: Robbie at 3-1/2 weeks and Carrie Jane at 6-1/2 months. 

So, when I realized what 80's Mother said, I started to process these old losses to realize that I AM A MOTHER. 

Because I believe and especially because I have read books on people who were clinically dead and came back to relate their experiences in Heaven . . . now I believe that I will see my children again. 

And . . . I am starting to realize that I am Robbie and Carrie Jane's mother. 

What we have once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us. -Helen Keller

No comments: