Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whataburger . . . What A Decor!

We are back from our round trip of 1,700 miles to Iowa where Hubby walked his granddaughter down the aisle at her wedding on Saturday.

We arrived back in northeast Texas last night. This morning we were in a "rest stop" where the decor was distinct Texan. There were all kinds of souvenirs and interesting things to buy. The restroom (Canadian = washroom) doors were painted - the Ladies with a cowgirl and the men's with a cowboy. Man, I was just about to get my camera out . . . Once inside the facility, it was filthy and there - of course - was no toilet paper. Whoa! How is it that a lot of "rest stop" proprietors do not understand that you stop there for gas, bathrooms and coffee? (I think you've heard me say that before!)

In fairness, I must tell you that this trip, we encountered some really excellent stops! The situation was much better than on our drive in May to Toronto.

And then, today in Henderson, Texas - there it was! A BRAND NEW WHATABURGER! It seemed to be a rebuild or a renovation in a 50s decor. I hope you can see that it is absolutely sparkling, as were their restrooms.

(Note to Richard Simmons: yes, Whataburger is now serving salads with LOW CALORIE dressing and yes, I had one!)

I also better explain those panels as it was difficult to capture them in a photo. Three panels are anchored with chrome pillars from a counter to the ceiling. The panels are about 10" thick and contain a large plasma TV. There are guitars on the opposite side. All is covered in Plexiglas. So, the TV is flush with the wall.

I hope our Richmond Hill friends, Shahab and Cathie see this because Shahab could have conceived this idea. It is the sort of thing you see and say . . . oh, wow . . . how good would that look in my home!

I guess I was really taken with the 50s look and the 50s music. But what I really liked was televisions that were in integral part of the decor rather than an object out of place as it has been since it was invented.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: