Friday, August 26, 2011

LIVE: Hundreds of Toronto mourners honour Layton - Politics - CBC News

(Click this link to see CBC Live) LIVE: Hundreds of Toronto mourners honour Layton - Politics - CBC News

Even though I am in Texas, I can watch as throngs of people from every walk of life file past Jack Layton's casket which is Lying in State in the lobby area of Toronto City Hall at Nathan Phillips Square. You can see the people waiting outside to come in, six at a time. Even though I am 1600 miles away, I "am there". Thank you, CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Tomorrow, you can go to www.CBCNEWS.ca and watch his funeral at Roy Thompson Hall streaming live. The broadcast begins at 2:00 p.m. Toronto time, 1:00 p.m. Texas time.

By the way, one of my friends from purebred dogs will be singing in the choir.

Thank you for a taste of home, CBC.

No comments: