Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Is It About Hats?

Posted by Picasa
You don't see women wearing hats as often as we used to. My mother wore hats all the time and left a shelf of about thirty of them which were distributed among friends.

When I became an American citizen and we had a marvelous Citizenship Party with the Lufkin Community Band playing and I wore this hat. My friend, Bonnie brought it for me from California (probably San Diego).

Tonight the Lufkin Community Band is having a patriotic concert and yes . . . I think I will wear this hat. I have taken it from my patriotic shelf and dusted it off.

A "new friend" of mine come to find out is known as the "Hat Lady" so I hope I see her tonight as I watch Hubby play his clarinet with my favorite band.

As an aside, I will try to have a picture taken tonight as that was a few years ago and I am a little trimmer now.

Hats Off To Patriotic Music!

No comments: